1. Five years__ a long time to wait
2. We have a friend ________ plays piano
3. ________ you apologize, he won’t forgive you
4. Albert Einstein was ___ famous scientist.
d. None of the above
5. Roentgen was ___ German physicist who discovered x-rays, revolutionizing medical diagnosis.
6. She works ___ a nationalised bank
7. Nothing ______ disturbs his sleep
8. A duke's wife is known as :
9. When I arrived at the school, the bell______________________________
Answer: had rung
10. Fill in the blanks with correct reported speech: Rani asked the girl…...........
Answer: what she was doing
11. A poem in the form of an addess is :
Answer: Dramatic monologue
12. The word nearest in meaning to the word 'endeavour' is :
13. Choose the incorrectly spelt word
14. Devanarayan asked the boy:
Answer: What he was doing
15. Choose the correct meaning of the foreign word ' vis a vis'
Answer: face to face
16. Choose the correctly spelt word:
17. The river divides the city ____ two parts.
18. The terrorists blew ....... the bridge.
19. Choose the most appropriate word to fill in the blank in the sentence— My father is angry …… me.
20. Who wrote the poem ‘Tintern Abbey’ ?