1. That was the _____ question in the paper
a. more difficult
d. most difficult
Answer: most difficult
2. That\\\'s Kumar. He\\\'s ___ travel agent
3. It\'s usually quite simple to cross the border between the USA and Canada ___ these two countries have friendly relations.
4. What is the meaning of the idioms
Wow! It's raining cats and dogs today! I wish I'd brought my umbrella to school!
Answer: It\\\'s raining heavily.
5. I appreciate her ________ in her studies
6. Many people _____________the poor.
Answer: looked down on
7. He works eight hours ____________________day.
8. The market is at the ___________________________ end of the city.
9. it is impossible to separate belief___________________emotion.
10. Fill in the blanks with suitable preposi,tion: I have been staying here ------- 2005
11. Many a life .......... lost in the ship wreck.
Answer: has been
12. If you had ordered it, I _______________ it.
Answer: would have arranged
13. I met ___________ university player .
14. . "Rama ans Krishna are brothers". In this sentence 'and' is :
15. We cannot go out now because it :
Answer: is raining
16. Devanarayan asked the boy:
Answer: What he was doing
17. If you invited me I__________.
Answer: would come
18. Choose the word opposite in meaning to the word ‘RESERVED’:
19. ‘A person who abstains from all kinds of alcoholic drinks’ is called a—
20. Choose the indirect speech of—My father said, ‘Study hard’—
Answer: My father asked me to study hard